The Darwin Leisure Property Fund invests in a portfolio of UK Holiday Parks. Our investment approach is to acquire parks that are operationally sound and cash generative and improve these through our model of operational excellence, exploiting economies of scale. In some cases there may also be substantial gains to be made through changes in planning consent and park redevelopment, however this is not the primary reason for acquisition.
Over the last 10 years, Darwin has changed the face of the UK holiday park industry, utilising strong management and implementing operational efficiencies to increase profits at established holiday parks and transforming low-revenue tenting and touring sites into luxury lodge resorts.
Our philosophy is to create holiday parks which are best in class, where we are setting new standards for the industry. This approach has so far proved successful, and the popularity of our holiday parks means that we have been able to increase both the tariff for holiday rentals, and the site fees we charge to owners, all whilst increasing occupancy rates. For investors, this means higher and more stable levels of income into the Fund.
Talacre Beach, Flintshire
Cheddar Woods, Somerset
Woodside Bay, Isle of Wight
Targeted acquisition of parks
- We have a formal acquisition process, overseen by an Investment Committee, which evaluates potential purchases based on location, park attributes and opportunities for growth and development.
- The search for new parks is focused on those that can be easily incorporated into the portfolio and be earnings positive from the outset.
capital investment to improve facilities
- We believe that by offering best-in-class facilities
we can maximise the income revenues for the parks.
- Where necessary, we will improve and develop the infrastructure and leisure facilities to ensure that a park is offering the best possible amenities, which we believe will lead to an increase in rental and sales revenues, as well as income from food, beverage and leisure operations.
improved management of parks
- Our acquisition process identifies parks which have not been managed to their full potential.
- In order to maximise revenues, we will utilise our specialist, experienced management team to improve their commerciality and incorporate the parks into the rest of the group to create economies of scale.
the investor and customer virtuous circles
- Our philosophy is simple – to create parks which are best in their class and drive strong, stable income returns and capital appreciation.
- This can only be achieved by creating parks that continually attract customers and provide them with outstanding holiday experiences.
Cheddar Woods, Somerset
Piran Meadows, Cornwall
Keswick Reach, Cumbria
Canterbury Reach, Kent